Last updated: November 29, 2022
Introduction and definitions
The words whose first letter is capitalized have meanings according to the following conditions. The following definitions have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in the singular or the plural.
Account: A unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
Company (also referred to as "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement): datteco srl, Alessandro-Volta Street 13/A, 39100 Bolzano, Italy. For the purposes of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Protection Officer.
Cookies: Small files placed on your computer, mobile device or other device by a website that contain details of your browsing history on that website.
Data controller: Within the meaning of the GDPR, this refers to the company as the legal entity that alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Device: Any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, cell phone or digital tablet.
Personal data: Any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. For the purposes of the GDPR, personal data means information about you such as your name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Service: Refers to the website.
Service Provider: Any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Company. These are third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, provide the Service on behalf of the Company, perform services related to the Service or assist the Company in analyzing the use of the Service. For the purposes of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
Usage data: Refers to automatically collected data that is either generated by the use of the service or comes from the service infrastructure itself (e.g. the duration of a page visit).
Website: Refers to whispers, available at https://www.whispers.at
You: means the person accessing or using the Service or the company or other legal entity representing that person in the use of the Service.
According to the GDPR, "you" can be used to refer to the data subject or user, as you are the person using the service.
Collecting and using your personal data
Types of data collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. This may include, but is not limited to:
- E-mail address
- First and last name
- Usage data
Usage data is collected automatically when the service is used.
Usage Data may include information such as your device's IP address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your unique mobile device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends when you visit our Service or when you access the Service from a mobile device.
Tracking technologies and cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or activity on our Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for browser cookies. For more information on how to delete Flash cookies, see "Where can I change the settings to disable or delete local shared objects?" Available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and one-pixel gifs) that allow the Company to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and other related website statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of a particular section and verifying the integrity of the system and server).
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. You can find out more about cookies here: Cookies by TermsFeed Generator.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the following purposes:
- Necessary / Essential cookies
- Function cookies
Use of your personal data
The company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing and maintaining our service, including monitoring the use of our service.
- Management of your account: Managing your registration as a user of the Service. The personal data you provide will enable you to access various functions of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: to develop, honor and perform the contract of sale for the products, items or services you have purchased or any other contract with us for the Service.
- To contact you: To contact you via email, phone calls, SMS or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as push notifications from a mobile application regarding updates or informative communications related to the Features, Products or contracted Services, including security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- Providing you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted out of receiving such information.
- Managing your requests: Processing and managing your requests to us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or consummate a merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and to evaluate and improve our services, products, advertising and your experience.
- With other users: If you share personal information or otherwise interact with other users in public areas, such information may be viewed and publicly distributed by all users.
- With your consent: We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose for which you have given your consent.
Storage of your personal data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods of time.
Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including Personal Data, will be processed at the Company's operating offices and any other location where the parties involved in the processing operate. This means that this information may be transferred to computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your personal data
- Law enforcement: In certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or government agency).
- Other legal requirements: The Company may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with legal obligations
- To protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible misconduct in connection with the service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Defending yourself against legal liability
Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to secure your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed information on the processing of your personal data
Service Providers: The service providers we use may have access to your personal data. These third party service providers collect, store, use, process and transfer information about your activities on our Service in accordance with their privacy policies.
- Email marketing: We may use your personal information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from any or all of these communications.
GDPR data protection
Legal basis for the processing of personal data in accordance with the GDPR:
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: The provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and/or for pre-contractual obligations.
- Legal obligations: The processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the company is subject.
- Vital interests: The processing of personal data is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person.
- Public interest: The processing of personal data is related to a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the company.
- Legitimate interests: The processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the company.
Yourrights under the GDPR:
- to request access to your personal data.
- to request the rectification of personal data concerning you.
- to object to the processing of your personal data.
- to request the deletion of your personal data.
- to request the transfer of your personal data.
- to withdraw your consent.
Exercising your data protection rights under the GDPR:
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure and objection by contacting us.
Please note that we may ask you to confirm your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of your personal data.
Data protection for children
Our Service is not directed to persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we require consent as a legal basis to process your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent's consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to other websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by us. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites.
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org